On this page you will find notes for questions such as
- Do I really need to follow the rules, and be a lawful citizen
- When is it okay to bend, break, or completely disregard the rules
- Can we really measure how much punishment a person deserves
- Why do we feel guilt, and have conscious (anthropologically speaking)
- What criteria can I base my ethical decisions on
- Why the hell is weed illegal
I’m generally a law abiding citizen, but I rarely make decisions because it’s the law. I know what it feels like to a bike get stolen, I know what it feels like to get punched in the face, I can imagine family members grieving the murder of a family member. These actions are against my morals, and they just happen to also be against the law.
There are cases where my morals and the law don’t agree. I don’t feel guilty downloading music, trespassing onto the roof of a building, or burning trees. I am not ignorant to the damage caused by these illegal actions, but the joy I get from these experiences outweigh any guilt.