- White noise
- Improves mood, energy
- Organize music library
- Concentration espresso when you stop the music for a second
- Search up salary
- Search up lyrics
- Search up more songs
- Search up video
- Distracted by lyrics, lyrics might inspire a thought spiral
Questions and Observations
- Will playing music too quietly be more or be less distracting
- Will my brain start straining my ears to try to hear the music?
- Or will my brain just dismiss it as white noise.
- Do certain types of music help?
- If there are no other noises, and I have the hum of the highway as a white noise, do I really need any music?
- Many short songs is more distracting than a few long songs. More memories are triggered, which natural distract me.
- If it’s the lyrics that really distract me, then why not listen to instrumentals, or songs of different language
- Why don’t I just start the music when it gets too quiet, or there are external noises, and stop the music immediately when I notice that I am being distracted.
- After a month of listening to music while playing Kiko Match II I decided to try playing without music today, and I got a new best personal high score. 546 points, vs an average of 250 points. That’s over double.
I guess I want to be able to listen to music and study at the same time, since I love music so much. But there is a time a place for everything, and the types of music I know about at the moment, all distract me. This does not apply to non-brain intensive activities.
- Can You Believe It – Styles P
- A rap song with lyrics so shitty that I really only notice the chorus. Excellent productivity.
- I’m Goin In – Drake
- His voice is grabs my attention, because its so clear and easy to understand, but most of his mixtape tracks are not emotionally powerful enough to keep me distracted. – Moderate Productivity
- Lovers – Labi Siffre
- Excellent Productivity
- Jo jo – Anand Yankaran
- Started dancing, no productivity
- Four Seasons – Vivaldi
- Started remember the luxurious, royal red carpets of Megaman Legends 2
- Also started moving my head in rhythm with the violin
- poor productivity